For the crumble:
• 125g plain flour
• 75g low-fat spread
• 50g caster sugar
• 50g rolled oats
For the filling:
• 750g Bramley Apples
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• Juice of 1 orange
• 2 teaspoons low-fat spread
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F) or gas mark 5.
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Rub the spread into the flour until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in sugar and oats.
- Peel and thinly slice the apples and toss with the sugar and orange juice.
- Arrange the slices of apple in an ovenproof dish.
- Cover the fruit with the crumble mixture and dot with spread.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with reduced-fat custard or reduced-fat creme fraiche.
Download the recipe to try for yourself