Ingredients: (serves 2)
• 4 tablespoons unsalted low calorie spread
• ½ large onion, cut into large wedges
• 1 can tomatoes
• 1 ½ cups water, vegetable or chicken stock
Season to taste or add fresh herbs, eg basil
• Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan
• Add onion wedges, stock, can of tomatoes with their juices.
• Heat until the soup is simmering and continue for about 40 minutes stirring occasionally
• Blend the soup, and then season to taste.
(The soup doesn’t need to be ultra-smooth)
Download the recipe to try it for yourself