- 4 eggs
- 250ml low fat crème fraiche
- 250ml milk
- 150g cheddar cheese, grated (or you could use another hard cheese, for example blue cheese or goat’s cheese)
- Pepper to taste
- 1 (23cm) unbaked pastry case (see basic shortcrust pastry recipe)
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7 for 40 mins
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and crème fraiche.
- Season with pepper.
- Place grated cheese in the pastry case.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese
- At this point, if you like, you can include other ingredients, for example, cooked ham, bacon, leeks, broccoli, roasted red pepper, salmon, courgette, spinach, etc
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 180 C / Gas 4, and bake for 25 minutes, or until pastry is golden and filling is set.
- Once out of the oven, allow to set 5 to 10 minutes before serving
Why not download the recipe sheet and try making a delicious quiche.