- 1/2 pack low calorie soft cheese (eg Philadelphia)
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube to make 100ml stock
- Chopped vegetables (eg pepper, courgette, celery, mushrooms, frozen veg)
- ½ onion
- 150gm of dried pasta
- Slice of ham (optional)
- Put water on to boil (in a pan big enough to let the pasta double in size)
- When water boils put pasta in to cook. Usually takes 10-12 minutes or you can check on the packet for timing. When ready will be soft enough to let you easily cut with the side of your fork
- Finely chop onion and fry for about three minutes
- Add in other vegetables (see above) and continue to fry for another five minutes
- Add in stock and allow vegetables to simmer for five minutes, or until cooked through
- Add Philadelphia cheese and stir until smooth
- Add in ham (optional)
- When pasta ready, drain and add into sauce
For a bit more taste you can add a little bit of wholegrain mustard, some honey, black pepper, some herbs.
Download the recipe sheet to try this for yourself.