- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1kg courgette, sliced
- 1kg tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 litres vegetable stock from cubes
- crusty bread, to serve (optional)
- Melt the butter in a large pan, add the onions and courgettes.
- Cook for 5 mins on a medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes and flour.
- Cook for a couple of minutes, stirring around to stop the flour from becoming lumpy.
- Add the turmeric and stock, cover and simmer for 30 mins.
- Purée with a stick blender, then sieve if you want a really smooth texture.
- Serve hot with crusty bread
Download the RECIPE to try for yourself