- 2 tablespoons low fat spread
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 650gms celery
- 350gms potatoes, sliced
- 500gms vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf (optional, remove before blending)
- 1/8 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, start conservatively or leave it out entirely
- Handful of chopped herbs for garnish
- Heat the spread in a big pot over medium high heat, and add the onion, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes
- While the onions are cooking, rough chop the garlic, celery and potatoes.
- When the onions are golden add the garlic and stir 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the celery, potatoes, stock, water, bay leaf, and cayenne. The liquid should just cover the veggies
- Cover, bring to a rolling boil, turn heat down and simmer gently until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes
- Turn heat off and remove bay leaf
- Allow to cool, before blending until smooth, reheating gently if necessary
- Serve and sprinkle with chopped herbs
You can download the recipe sheet and try it for yourself HERE.
And you can watch the Cook Fresh Recipe video HERE