- 240g plain white/wholemeal flour
- 100g fine oat bran
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 110g margarine
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 5 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (fan 180°, gas mark 5).
- Prepare two baking trays, lined with greaseproof paper.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and add the oatbran, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon
- Melt the butter, golden syrup and honey in a small pan over a low heat.
- Pour over the dry ingredients
- Mix well and bring together with hands to make a firm dough
- Prepare a lightly floured surface and roll out half of the dough to roughly 5mm thick. Use any shaped cutters (preferably around 5-8cm in diameter) to stamp out the biscuits.
- Transfer to a baking tray and repeat with the other half.
- Bake for around 10 minutes, or until slightly browned. Don’t worry if the biscuits aren’t hardened yet as they do when they cool down.
- Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool for about 10 minutes
Download the recipe sheet to try this delicious recipe for yourself. YUM!!