- low-fat spread, for the tin, plus extra to serve
- 140g wholemeal flour
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 300g mashed banana (from overripe bananas)
- 4 tablespoon honey or golden syrup or maple syrup
- 3 large eggs, beaten with a fork
- 150ml pot low-fat natural yogurt
- 25g chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
- Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin with (allow paper to come 2cm above top of tin).
- Mix the flours, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the bananas, syrup, eggs and yogurt.
- Quickly stir into dry ingredients, then gently scrape into the tin and scatter with nuts, if using.
- Bake for 1 hr 10 mins-1 hr 15 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in tin on a wire rack.
- Eat warm or at room temperature, with low-fat spread.