- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 150g reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 100g cup castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons syrup (optional)
- 6 pineapple rings (tinned in juice)
- 3 (or 6) glace cherries (optional)
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Line the base and sides of a (23cm diameter) cake tin with baking paper.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, yogurt, sugar, and eggs in a large bowl.
- If using, drizzle the syrup over the base of the cake tin.
- Add the pineapple rings and put ½ or whole cherry in the middle of each ring
- Top with the cake mixture and smooth over.
- Bake for 20–25 min until the sponge is springy to touch.
- While still hot, turn out on to a plate and carefully peel off the baking paper.
- Cut into slices and serve hot or cold.
Download the recipe sheet and try this healthier recipe for yourself.