- 100g low fat spread
- 250g self-raising flour
- 175g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (from overripe bananas)
- 2 large eggs, beaten with a fork
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Lightly grease a loaf tin and line it with non-stick baking parchment
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4
- Measure all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat for about 2 minutes, until well blended; an electric mixer is best for this but of course you can also beat by hand with a wooden spoon
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until well risen and golden brown. A fine skewer inserted in the centre of the cake should come out clean.
Why not download the recipe sheet and try it for yourself