- 2 white onions, finely sliced
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 carrots, scrubbed and diced
- 170g red lentils
- 2 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- generous sprigs parsley, chopped (about 2 tbsp) plus a few extra leaves
- Put the kettle on to boil while you finely slice the onion.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the onion and fry for 2 mins
- Slice the garlic and dice the carrots. Add them to the pan and cook briefly over the heat.
- Pour in 1 litre of the boiling water from the kettle, stir in the lentils and stock cube.
- Cover the pan and cook over a medium heat for 15 mins until the lentils are tender.
- Take off the heat and stir in the parsley.
- Ladle into bowls, and scatter with extra parsley leaves, if you like.
Download the recipe sheet to try the soup for yourself