- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 egg, whisked
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil
- Mix all the ingredients together (except oil)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan
- Put in approx. 4 inches of mixture into pan,
- Fry until golden, turn and repeat
- Leave each potato cake to drain on kitchen roll before serving.
You can add cooked leeks, cheese, kale, spring onions, herbs, spices … pretty much anything you like to the potatoes before frying to add extra taste to your potato cakes!
Download the recipe and try for yourself, HERE