- 2 large apples
- 1 small onion
- dried chilli peppers
- 1-2 dried Bay Leaves
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup water
- Chop the onions
- Wash and cut apples into quarters. Do not remove seeds or the core. Halve the quarters length-wise
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a non-stick saucepan
- Add the onions, bay leaves, dried chilli peppers and saute for a few minutes till onions are softened.
- Add the curry powder and mix for about 30 seconds, just until you start to smell the spices.
- Add the apples, garlic, salt and sugar and cook on medium high heat for a few minutes
- Cook for about 10 minutes – uncovered, stirring occasionally. The apples will start to soften slightly.
- Add the coconut milk and water and stir through with the apples.
- Return to the stove for another 5 – 10 minutes covered, until the apples soften
You can downlod the recipe and try this lovely curry for yourself, HERE