- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped
- ½ litre vegetable stock
- 1 tsp chilli
- Place the onion, garlic and carrots in a microwavable bowl and mix well.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and cook on full power for three minutes.
- Add the red pepper, oil and chilli powder to the microwaveable bowl.
- Stir and microwave on full power for one minute.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and stock
- Stir well again, then microwave on full power for 15 minutes, stirring every five minutes.
- Remove the soup from the microwave. If you want smooth soup, rather than chunky soup, you can blend it at this stage.
- Add the kidney beans to the soup and microwave on full power for three minutes, stirring after two minutes.
- Remove the soup from the microwave and allow to stand for one minute before serving.
Download the recipe sheet to try this for yourself