This is an exciting opportunity to join the amazing staff team and support our wonderful volunteers!
At Abundant Borders we believe that everyone, regardless of their personal circumstances, has the right to healthy food and that everyone should be valued and supported within their community. We are working to create a network of community food gardens across the Scottish Borders, and we support individuals and communities in a wide range of food projects, food gardens, training courses, cooking classes, workshops and social activities.
Supported by Scottish Government Volunteer Support Fund and Impact Funding Partners, we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, skilled individual to the new role of Volunteer Coordinator. Reporting to the Chief Officer, this person will work alongside the project’s team to build the skills of current volunteers and recruit and support new volunteers, particularly those with additional support needs.
The Volunteer Coordinator will:
- Support existing volunteers at the food gardens (between Eyemouth and Hawick) and work with the Chief Officer to create new volunteering opportunities and create ideas on how to make projects accessible to the wider community
- Support volunteers delivering the cooking and social food activities across the region, and work to create new volunteering opportunities which are accessible to all
- Create and implement a programme to upskill existing volunteers, establishing Lead Volunteer opportunities for those interested in taking on additional responsibilities
- Provide induction and training packages for volunteers
- Assess and improve existing volunteer policies and procedures
- Support the staff team at workshops and events
- Develop individual packages for those who may need additional help to allow them to participate fully as a volunteer
- Ensure that the volunteer experience is communicated directly to the Board of Trustees, in person and with the volunteer representative on the Board
- Monitor, record and evaluate the experiences of volunteers
We expect that the successful candidate will have excellent communication, organisational, and volunteer management skills and be an energetic, caring person who is as committed to empowering people and building communities in The Scottish Borders as we are.
Download the JOB DESCRIPTION
For more information about the role: please contact email@example.com
To apply: please apply in writing, with cv to firstname.lastname@example.org