- 25gm low fat spread
- 15ml vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 225gm carrots, thickly sliced
- 225gm onions
- 450gm potatoes, scrubbed
- 100gm mushrooms
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat the spread and oil together in a large frying pan.
- Add the carrots, onions, potatoes and sugar.
- Cook, stirring over a high heat for 5 minutes until vegetables are brown
- Add mushrooms and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the flour, scraping any sediment from the bottom of the pan, then add stock, tomato puree, bay leaf and pepper to taste
- Transfer to a casserole dish then bake in the oven at 160/gas mark 3 for about an hour until the vegetables are tender, adding more liquid if required
- Remove the bay leaf, garnish with parsley and serve
Download the RECIPE to try it for yourself