OOOH… everyone loves a curry and this one is tasty, quick, healthy and easy to make.
- 2 large potatoes, cubed – lots growing free in all of the community food gardens
- 1 large onion, chopped – from, where else, your local community food garden
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped – you guessed it, your community food garden!
- One tin chick peas
- large tin of chopped tinned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- Curry spices – e.g. 1 tsp cumin and a tablespoon of garam masala
- Cut the potatoes into bite size cubes
- Boil until just soft
- Chop the onion and fry in oil and spices with the chopped garlic
- When onion is soft, add the potatoes, chick peas and tomatoes
- Bring to the boil and simmer to reduce the liquid – until the tomato juice coats the potatoes, chick peas and onions
- Serve (with flatbread or rice)
Download the recipe sheet and try it for yourself