- 200 g broth mix soaked overnight in plenty of cold water
- 500 g carrots diced
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 2 sticks celery diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2.5 litres vegetable stock
- 200 g chopped kale
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan or pressure cooker.
- Add the onions and cook on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes
- Add the celery and carrots and cook them with the onion for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the broth mix and stock.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- If using a pressure cooker, cook on low pressure for 25 minutes.
- If cooking without pressure, simmer gently for approximately 40 minutes or until the grains and pulses are soft.
- Add the kale and leave to cook in the residual heat of the soup for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Check seasoning and adjust as required.
Download the recipe sheet to try for yourself